The Dream Book of Self-Knowledge
- threatening the dreamer: often an evil personification of the Shadow archetype*65.
- symbolizes something basic, something that is an essence concealed behind external objects, individual or events.
- it can relate to past lives; especially if the skeleton is linked to something underground, to something hidden.
- a moving skeleton: the legacy of a past life is still alive.
- a skeleton from a graveyard: the enduring legacy and power of ancestors whose peace in death should not be disturbed by the dreamer.
- coins next to a human skeleton: an important legacy of the past that relates to the dead; will have a beneficial impact on the dreamer's emotional and spiritual life.
- for a similar symbol see Bone.