The Dream Book of Self-Knowledge
- unless there is the actual physiological need, urinating symbolizes the recovery of feelings when deformed feelings, including sexuality, leave the body with urine.
- urine leaving the body: can also represent sperm; urinating in a dream can also have a physiological basis, and in fact be that the dreamer is experiencing a seminal emission (involuntary ejaculation).
- kidneys and urination: cleanse the emotional content of the dreamer’s mind and recently experienced feelings.
- a child urinating or having wet himself: the root from which sexuality grows.
- urine is the childish form of infantile sexuality; the first childish manifestation that later develops into sexuality; sometimes, especially with children, the urination of a loved one can be an expression of love.
- wetting a bed: if children wet the bed, then the unconscious is trying to limit the power of developing sexuality through a childish form of sexuality that is easier to control; but if an adult wets the bed, then the dreamer must come to terms in his dream with unpleasant problems of deformed feelings.
- drinking urine (seeing it drunk or drinking it yourself): points to the dreamer's ill feelings and the subconscious attempt at healing.
- urine as a healing liquid: especially works on healing instinctual personifications.
- animal urine: cleansing instincts.