The Dream Book of Self-Knowledge
- synonymous with thoughts that crawl out of the subconscious (underground) and hinder the dreamer's life.
- stinging: intrusive thoughts of an instinctual nature.
- killing, exterminating: the liquidation of thoughts of an instinctual nature and the relaxation of the mind through more meaningful activity (often profit).
- queen ant: symbolizes the central idea of the "self," from which all other ideas evolve.
- anthill: from a certain perspective the order of an anthill can be synonymous with human society.
- the unconscious uses examples of social insects to show the dreamer that the individual is nothing and can only exist in a society; such dreams of ants, termites, bees and other social insects should be one of the aspects that suppress egotistical views.