The Dream Book of Self-Knowledge
- represent the sum of life experiences; in rare cases these elderly people can symbolize one of the paths of wisdom to the dreamer's consciousness (see Wise Old Man archetype).
- old man from the deep forests (usually in a fairytale): majestic and mysterious spiritual personifications of the Wise Old Man archetype.
- helping them: a turning point in life in which giving triumphs over taking; a period of important spiritual ascent.
- see Grandfather (not only blood) or see Grandmother (not only blood).
- elderly people representing individual months: this symbolic and emotionally strong depiction of chronology of individual periods shows the dreamer the order that he should aspire to (the similarity with the fairytale "The Twelve Months" is no coincidence).