The Dream Book of Self-Knowledge
- retains or directs the emotional content of the psyche.
- allows for the important act of moral purification even though instinctual personification luring the dreamer toward sexual activities can initially appear around the sink; see Washing.
- the plug in the sink: symbolizes safe work with one's feelings in which the dreamer can accurately measure the emotions or cleansing process (increase or decrease water as necessary).
- dirty: instincts are disturbing an emotional perception.
- an armchair changes into a sink: significant effort has transformed a cleaned dependency (the chair) in an emotional environment and it can carry emotional content (flow like water) guided by the will.