The Dream Book of Self-Knowledge
- of animals: clearly relates to the instinctual life and therefore it is important to clean up animal excrement which confirms work on one's self-improvement.
- human: symbolizes material wealth; yet every coin has two sides and the other side of this one is a threat or even a certainty detected by the wise unconscious that the dreamer will descend into a materialistic life, which is why the unconscious gives the dreamer the chance to recognize in the allegory of human excrement the wrong path, though it is lined with material wealth, and to reestablish the balance between consciousness and the unconscious.
- a frequent component of the Treasure archetype, sometimes accompanies experiences of the Basic Perinatal Matrix archetype (as one of the elements of scatology*30).
- clearly relates to the instinctual life and therefore it is important to clean up animal excrement which confirms works on one's self-improvement.
- this image belongs to cattle and thus the dreamer has the chance to see his own "Augean stable," i.e. all the impurities that he has created in instinctual living, impurities that, like the mythical Heracles in an almost superhuman effort, he will have to clean.
- see Feces.