The Dream Book of Self-Knowledge
- the dreamer is overly concerned with sexuality in waking consciousness.
- if fear of pain or images of sharp objects also appear in dreams of genitalia, then this is a subconscious fear of castration; this applies for children, men and women since "castration dreams" are typical for all people.
- examined by a doctor: the dreamer's emotional nature (the doctor) is taking a look at the instinctual animus or instinctual anima; this is a very important element in the process in which the emotional level is gradually strengthened.
- attack on genitalia (seeing or experiencing): fear of castration that does not only apply for men, but also deeply affects women (see Castration).
- bleeding from genitalia (male and female): reduction of the power of sexuality in the dreamer's consciousness.