The Dream Book of Self-Knowledge
- a symbol of the emotional level on which there should not be vital instincts; after the mind is cleansed it helps the ascent of the soul to the spiritual level of consciousness.
- once instinctual symbols or sexual innuendos are bound to a dream with a monastery, then the dreamer degrades his own emotional part.
- entering a monastery: a blessing of the dreamer's life.
- being very familiar with a monastery: very positive since knowledge of the emotional level has prevailed over a worldly mindset.
- once the spiritual consciousness prevails over the emotional, the monastery is destroyed by fire (usually a volcano) protruding from within the earth (an allegory of the dreamer's soul) since the emotional must be permanently replaced by compassion.
- in the higher phases of spiritual development the monastery is a place where wonderful mystical transformations take place.