The Dream Book of Self-Knowledge
- become aware of one (any) extremity: the male sexual organ.
- loss of limb: fear of castration (also concerns women since "castration dreams" are typical of all of humanity.
- become aware of two extremities: duality, the principle of antitheses (unification of antitheses is described by the Anima – Animus archetype and, in the higher phase, the Coniunctio archetype).
- stiffness, immobility or paralysis of an extremity: while the unconscious can show men in this way the fear of sexual failure or fear of impotency, such a dream can also prepare women for the partner's possible failings.
- animal limbs: they have in dreams the same meaning as human limbs, though the instinctual essence is enhanced with animal limbs.