The Dream Book of Self-Knowledge
- water can transform even an instinctual symbol into emotional hope; e.g. a wet carpet represents the emotional content of the mind and, based on the objects or dirt on the carpet, we can judge what we are still missing for pure emotional content.
- being wet, seeing wet people: an increasing share of feeling in the dreamer's existential experience.
- from rain, getting wet: see Rain.
- a wet path: life drenched with emotions; does not indicate rapid progress since there is a greater threat to slip.
- a wet bed: feelings are arising to the instinctual models of behavior.
- a wet pillow: expresses inappropriately directed feelings.
- wet objects: emotions improve the quality of instinctual and sometimes even other emotional symbols.
- wet snow, ice: feelings degrade spiritual symbols.