The Dream Book of Self-Knowledge
- a symbol of completed work and often even satisfaction.
- amount of grain or individual ears: can symbolize the period during which a work or an important life phase will be completed.
- individual grains: symbolizes the beginning of the next life phase in which we chose one of three possible scenarios for the development of our being.
- we fall like a grain on the fertile soil and will grow toward the realization of an emotional person (true humanity).
- or on the barren land without enough emotion (water) and thwart the potential that the grain bears in its essence.
- we will possess within the potential of life, symbolized by the grain, and in the knowledge of cosmic emptiness that is, despite the material void, "pregnant" with all possibilities of life (like a well planted grain can at anytime germinate), we become aware of our destination; this scenario is common in the final phases of spiritual development.
- sieving grain: synonymous in the unconscious with removing the grain from the chaff; i.e. with removing everything substantial and valuable from that which is worthless and wrong.
- chaff: the final covering of the personality, under which the grain glistens as a symbol of individuality (see Persona archetype and see Individuality archetype).
- other similar symbols: see Ear, see Field, see Harvest.