The Dream Book of Self-Knowledge
- from a snare, trap: see Ambush.
- people and objects preventing an escape: relate to traits and dependencies that the dreamer will have to overcome in waking consciousness.
- impossibility to escape from an enclosed object (usually with a threat from the outside as well): a prenatal memory of the second phase of the birth process in which the fetus is threatened by the outside world and still does not see a chance to escape (closed cervix); see Basic Perinatal Matrix archetype.
- only escape path (usually from enclosed spaces): an allegorical comparison of the birth canal at the moment the cervix opens; see Basic Perinatal Matrix archetype.
- of substances and gases etc.: see individual escaping substances.