The Dream Book of Self-Knowledge
- a symbol of sacrifices; if the dreamer puts something on the altar, then he is relinquishing the traits linked to this object and the altar becomes spiritual hope.
- sex or intercourse before an altar: a warning of the domination of instincts over emotions and reason; a ritual root of Satanism in which the opposite of the divine is worshipped; see Anima – Animus archetype and Treasure archetype.
- fiery: the Hindu notion of the absolute sacrifice.
- praying before an altar: see Praying, prayer.
- a sacrifice or offering on the altar: see Sacrificing, sacrifice.